Friday, September 19, 2008

CHS Scanner Questionnaire

Do you have a new favorite Hobby, TV show, book, type of music, film,
website?
My favorite TV show is definitely The Office on NBC and I've been listening to a lot more ska and punk-rock lately like NoFX, The Alkaline Trio, The ISHC and older bands like Operation Ivy. I've been listening to more old-school punk too like the Descendants and Dead Kennedys.
What are your pet peeves?
People who say Ee pa who aren't Portuguese. Also, i'm annoyed when somebody tries to improve something with people when nothing is really wrong.
What makes you really angry?
I get really annoyed by people who assume that they know everything even when they only know one side of a story.
What things in the world do you really wish you could change?
I wish that I could change how people see eachother. So many people hate eachother and I think that's wrong. People should just learn to accept their differences and be together.
What people, places, and ideas are in the news at the moment?
I don't know what's in the news other than the presidential race and the war in Iraq. The news I hear about are usually stupid local things that are generic, nothing big.
Are there any events coming up in the next six months or in the next year that are sure to be newsworthy and that you can get the jump on now?
I think the presidential election is definitely newsworthy but everybody is covering that. I think a good story to cover might be anything that happens in school or locally because that's who's going to be reading my articles.
What’s new in your city?
 Nothing is too new, there are more speed bumps and a newly paved highway.
[What’s new in your school?]
The new things in school are the Wellness Center and the new science hallway. Also, I think there are more new teachers.
What’s new in your immediate neighborhood?
A lot of new houses have been built in my neighborhood. Also, my neighbors have recently moved to North Carolina.
What’s new with your family?
Two of my brothers are now in college and I'm in high school. 
Is your generation, ethnic group, or racial group facing changes,

hardships, or freedoms that have not been addressed in the past? 

Well this doesn't directly affect me, but a recent issue or freedom has to do with abortion. It is very new and controversial and has made alot of news. Another issue affecting me directly is that teenagers have to deal with a lot in their lives. I have  to balance sports, obscene amounts of homework, and my friends and it's too much to handle. Adults expect too much from kids and they need to learn to let them have some time to themselves.

No comments: